Curriculum DesignDunes International School, Abu Dhabi is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). We follow CBSE curriculum designed and developed by the NCERT, New Delhi We offer students an education built on the strong principles and framework of Indian education.
- English language medium
- Curriculum enhanced by mapping to international boards and learning programs that strengthen academics and skill development
- ICT are used by the teachers and students
- Inquiry based, collaborative and problem solving approach
- Arabic language is taught and is compulsory for all and Islamic studies are compulsory for Muslim students (in line with the curriculum given by the Ministry of Education)
- UAE culture, heritage and cultural appreciation is an integral part of the curriculum
Kindergarten years are focused on developing cognitive and motor skills to the tiny tots. During these formative years, we give our young learners individual attention as they are introduced to school life for the first time. We try to embed friendly and inviting learning environment for them.
Subjects at the Kindergarten Level:
- Environmental Studies
Apart from the core learning-Music, Art, Swimming, Dance and Sports activities are also important for learning and imbibing various skills and therefore it is an integral part of the curriculum. Students participate in fun-filled activities, including games, music, art and craft, story sessions, field trips, special weeks, assemblies and events.
Middle (Grade 6-9)
- Languages: Emphasis on Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- Science and Technology: Focus on inquiry based learning and learning by doing through research and experiments.
- Social Science: Developing social skills rather than mere acquisition of facts.
- Mathematics is taught with a problem-solving approach.
- Computer Science
- Social Studies & UAE Social Studies
- Islamic Studies / Moral Science
- French / Hindi
Secondary (Grade 10-12)
- Social Science
- Computer Science
- Optional languages include Hindi and French
- Islamic Studies examination is conducted for Muslim students in both the years.
- Work Experience, Art Education and Physical Education classes as per CBSE requirements are also woven into the curriculum.
- Science Stream (English, Math, Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, General Studies, Islamic Studies, Moral Education, Moral Science, Physical Education, Psychology, Psychology)
- Commerce Stream (English, Computer Science, Accounts, Business Studies, Economics, Entrepreneurship, General Studies, Islamic Studies, Math, Moral Education, Moral Science, Physical Education, Psychology)